Friday, February 3, 2012

Miles:7.9
Time:1:22
Elev. Gain:1,600
YTD Miles:93.2
YTD Time:15:39
YTD Elev.:14,900'

Mesa Canal/South Mountain Park-

After punching out a measly few miles yesterday because I had the time, today I took to South Mountain for a run under the perfect late afternoon February sky. I love days like today where you find a rhythm, you find a trail, and before you know it you are gliding under the open sky in absolute silence. The trails this day were super packed, well atleast the parking lot was, but after clawing my way out of the bowl surrounding the lot I found myself all alone in silence with only the sound of my controlled but always improving breathing echoing into the city to the west.

I am hoping to make it to the McDowell's to the north manana. We will see what unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment