Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2010 Running Log

Distance: 4.8 miles
Location: South Mountain Park(National/Mormon Trail)
Duration: 52:51
Finish Time: 6:01pm
Monthly Total: 34.2 miles
Yearly Total: 249.9 miles
Yearly Duration: 41.85 hours

I was able to get out to SMP finally for a good chunk of dirt. I decided that since the thermometer temps are rising that I should strap on the trusty ol' CamelBak and all of its refreshing goodness so that I don't expire in the middle of the barren desert as most of the other "Little things" of this world seem to do in this the great Sonoran Desert. After strapping up I took to the trail and I will be the first to say that having that pack on definitely makes a difference. My steps were a tad bit heavier for sure and my breathing was labored but I did push through for my standard 4.8 mile trail trek to the Buena Vista Lookout. The run itself went well with no sprains, falls, etc. The trail was fairly desolate on the way up but coming down there was a growing group of post-work hikers with dogs and children in tow. The wildflowers were sprouting like springs from the sun baked rock and the wildlife were peeking at the foreign-moving objects from their shaded crevices. Looking south over the southwest valley at the Ahwatukee Foothills, I could see that the trails of our land, these lands seem to go on forever, there was no end in sight. That is how I want it and I believe that is how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment