Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Recent Running Escapades

Daily Distance: 9.0 m
Time: 1:29.00
Location: Dreamy Draw Park Trails, Treadmill, South Mountain Park
Total Miles: 171.00 m
Total Time: 26:10

It has been hard to not be super motivated to hit the trails since last Saturdays trail run with Tony Krupicka. It was an experience in itself to get to share a trail with someone who truly inspires me so I just wanted to use that motivation to get back on the trails and follow the example that he re-instilled in my head.

I followed up the trail run with Tony and a couple of miles on the treadmill with a 4 mile inclined run at South Mountain Park. I had originally intended on running a 6 mile loop but after a few miles of intense winds followed by rain and lightning I decided against the extra few miles and descended the crest in the crisp late spring air and avoided the lightning bolts whom watched tucked behind the clouds, mouths salivating. I was a little winded since I hadn't run any uphill stretches like that since the Cave Creek run but all in all it was a decent run that left me satisfied. Hopefully I will get in a long run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment