Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Taking It Nice And Easy

Miles:13.0
Time:2:01
Elev. Gain:1,300'
YTD Miles:124.2
YTD Time:20:42
YTD Elev.:20,400'

Treadmill/South Mountain Park Trails-

After suffering a decent sized blister on my right heel early last week I decided to try and take a step back running wise to give it some proper time to heal properly. Of course that means just a few miles here and there since I found it extremely hard to not hit the trails since I had started to physically see some improvements in my mountain fitness over the last few weeks or so. But all in all I was able to back off a bit and today I finally headed out for a 7 miler in the northern end of the park and found it to be quite pleasant with a brisk breeze swirling and a vacant trail system for the most part on the north side. It did however feel as though I was favoring my left foot/plant too much trying to avoid the impact on my right foot and the blister that was still peeking through the overgrown scar tissue surrounding it. But after a relaxing but somewhat quick 7 miles I was left with a sense of closure on the heel. Good news.


No comments:

Post a Comment