Tuesday, August 7, 2012

July 31st - August 7th


Miles:14.1
Time:2:55
Elev. Gain:3,400
YTD Miles:328.5
YTD Time:54:48
YTD Elev.:42,700'

So this past week+ was not a very successful week mileage wise but it was definitely a success in the area of total time on foot, especially time spent vertically on foot. I hiked Humphrey's Peak(12,633') two Saturday's back just to get out into the mountains again and see how my body would hold up. It held well over the 9.5 mile hike which covered also 5,300' of gain rounding out the hike in just over 6 hours. I felt good and refreshed for most of the coming week so I summited Camelback Mountain here in Scottsdale 4 times over the course of 10 days with a few of those being a concentrated effort at pushing the pace. In temps almost always hovering around 105 degrees I would say that that is a step in the right direction. I feel that the energy and emotion needed for longer runs on the trails is starting to slowly come back to me and getting over 11,000' of vertical over a week+ is the confidence that I will need as the temps start to slowly lower over the next few months and my yearning for the mountains builds. I am so glad to even be remotely back to my normal self. Knock on wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment