Monday, March 5, 2012

February 28 - March 4

Miles:16.0
Time:2:24
Elev. Gain:2,100'
YTD Miles:174.3
YTD Time:28:27
YTD Elev.:26,300'

Pretty low key week because of a little laziness but mostly just "life" getting in the way of my time on the trail. I did however have a highlight of getting out to Table Mesa Trail in Black Canyon City which is the site of the Xterra Half Marathon Trail Race on March 25th, which I am planning on partaking in just as long as my health holds up over the next few weeks. I will admit that I was a little pretentious about the day on the trail after I found out that the trail ran directly through a shooting range which was teeming with gun toting NRA members waiting to pick off some sissy trail runner treading through their path. After dodging bullets for the first few miles I was in the clear and found the trail to be a nice little slice of singletrack coursing through the canyons and winding alongside and over running streams, which was a surprise, and carving upwards to the small, quaint, Black Canyon City perched up the hillside. I rounded out the run in just a 6 mile chunk and headed back to the city, happy and with a new respect for the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment